1. Organization overview:
- Name: Center for Rural Research and Development of An Giang University
- Established year: 2003
- Address: 18 Ung Văn Khiêm, Đông Xuyên Ward, TP. Long Xuyen, An Giang
- Vision: Promoting environmentally friendly agricultural development and sustainable development goals in the Mekong Delta and Vietnam.
+ Implement research and development activities in the fields of rural development, sustainable agriculture, environmental management, gender, water and climate change research;
+ Policy advice on socio-economic development of communities in the Mekong Delta region;
+ Provide training courses on rural development, gender and community development, sustainable agriculture, environmental management, water and climate change;
+ Implementation of science and technology services related to rural development, environmental management, water and climate change in the Mekong Delta;
+ Building partnerships with domestic and international research institutions, universities, NGOs and individuals to carry out the tasks and goals set by the organization.
+ Promote sustainable agriculture and rural development in the Mekong region.
- Representative: MSc. Le Thanh Phong
- Title: Deputy Director of Research and Rural Development Center
2. Project scopes:
- Location: An Cu Commune, Tinh Bien District, An Giang Province
- Time: 12 months
To achieve SDGs:
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
1. Expected outcomes / changes:
- 100% students and teachers have access to safe water to drink according to the standards of the Ministry of Health of Vietnam (QCVN 6-1: 2010 / BYT);
- 90% of students' knowledge, attitudes and behaviors are improved in practice hygiene and safety practices through school-based hand washing systems;
- 80% of students and teachers will strengthen their knowledge on economical and efficient use of community water resources through the model of hand washing water reuse for plant care on campus.
- 70% of local officials (school administration, Women's Union, Youth Union and officials
environmental expertise) improve their capacity to engage and work with the community
in the field of sustainable use and management of water resources.
2. The community / beneficiaries that the idea aims to:
- Directly beneficiaries:
+ 527 students and 44 high school teachers.
+ 311 students and 38 elementary teachers.
- Indirectly beneficiaries:
+ Parents, families and the community around the school.
3. Challenges of the community / beneficiaries to which the idea is directed:
- High poverty rate.
- Inability to access safe drinking water.
- Adversely affecting the health and socio-economic development of the community.
- Severe water shortage in the dry season.
1. Stakeholder Involvement (Financial / Professional / In-kind Contribution):
- Center for Rural Research and Development (RCRD), An Giang University
- Faculty of Environmental Engineering and Technology, An Giang University
- Local government (Women's Union of An Cu commune and environmental and construction officials)
- School (project beneficiary community)
- Group of volunteers
2. Project Personnel (Number & Specialization):
a. Center for Research and Development and Department of Engineering - Environment, An Giang University (13 people)
- MSc. Nguyen Van Thai, major in Community Research and Development. Lecturers and researchers of the Center for Rural Research and Development (RCRD)
- MSc. Le Tri Thich, major in Environmental Engineering and Technology. Researcher of the Faculty of Environmental Engineering and Technology, An Giang University. MSc Le Tri Thich has professional knowledge and practical experience in building and setting up drinking water filtration systems in the community.
- MSc. Pham Tran Lan Phuong, majoring in Water Resources Management.
- CN. Nguyễn Minh Đăng, majoring in Horticulture and Rural Development.
- Dr. Nguyen Van Kien, major in Sociology and Environmental Management.
- Volunteers (8 people): students of environmental engineering and rural development
An Giang University.
b. People's Committee of An Cu commune, Tinh Bien and An Giang districts (3 people)
- Mr. Tong Hoai An - Vice Chairman of An Cu Commune (representative of commune leaders)
- Ms. Luong Thi Hoang Kim - President of An Cu Commune Women's Union
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Kim Trinh - Vice Chairwoman of the Women's Union of An Cu Commune
c. School (2 people)
- Mr. Vi Kien Phat - Principal of D An Cu Primary School
- Mr. Nguyen Binh Nghi - Principal of Tran Dai Nghia Secondary School